Your First Visit In Sarasota FL
Your first visit to our Sarasota FL chiropractic clinic involves several steps designed to give you the highest standard of care available, which includes the following procedures:
1. Consultation In Sarasota FL
- We strive to make our first visit to our office a comfortable experience, as you will be welcomed by our receptionist, who will give you intake paperwork to fill out if you haven’t already done so.
- These forms will give us our first insight into the issues your entire system is going through, from pains to organ function and much more!
- The doctor will then come in and spend time asking specific questions about the issues on your paperwork, as well as any other conditions that come to mind that tie into your nervous system function.
- At this point, we determine if chiropractic care is right for you, and what would be important steps moving forward, whether that’s getting strict care in our office or co-managing with another doctor.
- If you and the doctor are on the same page moving forward, we would begin our complete and thorough Gonstead Examination
- After the consultation, our doctors will begin a thorough examination targeted at pinpointing the root cause of the conditions and issues mentioned. The patient will then proceed to put on a gown so the doctor can see the patient's spine and surrounding tissue to locate the subluxation.
- The doctor will start by doing a basic posture screening, your ability to bend and turn in all directions, reflexes, and any other physical examination the doctor deems necessary.
- Next, the doctor will utilize our CLA scanner, which is designed to show the doctor, and you how your nervous system is functioning. This will determine your body's ability to communicate to the brain and the brain back to the body, and the ability to adapt to stressors.
- The doctor will next run our instrument up and down the entire spine to locate the specific levels of neurologic dysfunction, causing the issues in our lives. This is done on every visit, and precisely locates the areas that not only NEED an adjustment but also which do NOT need an adjustment.
- Next, the doctor will run his hands up and down the spine to find which locations have excessive swelling at the location the nerve exits the spinal column. This will further help pinpoint the exact segment being the root cause of dysfunction.
- After the proper area is determined to be a significant issue, the doctor will move the patient in specific ranges of motion to determine how the segment is not properly moving with the foundation of the disc.
- Throughout this entire process, the doctor is visualizing the spine since you are in a gown, and are noticing any signs of subluxation causing the issue.
- After we have determined the neurologic dysfunction in the patient, we will place small bb’s at the locations of the nerve dysfunction found in the exam. This allows us to pinpoint the location we found when we take your spirographs
- Spinography is the next step in our new patient examination. Spinography is the analysis of X-rays taken for chiropractic application to fully understand the structure of the patient so they can receive specific and targeted care.
- After we finish examining you and taking your films, we finish our initial examination by doing a scan of your feet by utilizing Foot Levelers' state-of-the-art technology. This will allow us to investigate whether or not the foundation of your body is contributing to your issues.
3. Report of Findings
- Usually, if the patient is not in an extremely acute case or flare-up, the doctors will not adjust on the first visit.
- The doctors will take less than 24 hours to review the entire exam. What this looks like, is the doctor takes all of the neurological exam findings of dysfunction, and ties that into our spinographs with the bb’s, to create a thorough and precise Plan A-Z to help you achieve all of the goals we established in the consultation.
- On the second visit, we will go through all of our findings, as well as our plan to help you be the best functional version of yourself.
- The first adjustment will usually occur on the second visit but depends on the patient's presentation, which will be discussed with the doctor on the visit.
- In order for a segment to be adjusted, it needs to fit the criteria of an instrument reading, swelling, decreased range of motion, and a cause for nervous system dysfunction. This will usually cause only 1-2 areas to be adjusted, and the precision in which segment, in which direction creates the most gentle and significant change possible from a chiropractic adjustment.
- Every adjustment is done manually by our highly trained doctors, as they deliver the most precise and gentle adjustment possible to remove the vertebral subluxation.
- It is common to see relief from the very first adjustment, as we pinpoint the locations causing the most neurologic dysfunction in your body.
Please feel free to contact us at Gonstead Chiropractic Clinic of Sarasota in Sarasota FL with any questions or to schedule your first visit.
9:30am - 1:30pm
2:30pm - 6:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 7:00pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 7:00pm
8:00am - 12:00pm
3:00pm - 7:00pm
8:00am - 1:00pm
By Appointment Only